Acupuncture has a long history in China as an alternative medicine treating illness and promoting well being in human body. Through acupuncture, good health and wellness can be achieved. A good health is a result of free flow of energy in body which is called as chi. Illness is a result of the blockage of energy flow in body. To unblock the flow of energy, thin needles are placed at various points of the body in an acupuncture treatment.
The Absolute Health & Wellness Clinic provides acupuncture services in Surrey and its surrounding areas to achieve body health and wellness. The Acupuncturists at our clinic are licensed or registered and specially trained of Chinese medicine and its other aspects like herbal remedies, massage, counseling and nutrition. Our practitioners are not only trained for the patient with complex medical conditions, they are also trained for the patients who want to maintain their wellness.
Conditions Can Treated Through Acupuncture
Many health problems and conditions can be treated though acupuncture. If you are thinking about maintain a good health then acupuncture can help. Acupuncture can be used alone and combination with other complementary or conventional medicals.
If you are looking for acupuncture treatment and not sure about if it is appropriate or not, you can consult with us. One of our practitioners helps you in guiding about the services that are provided at Absolute Health and Wellness Clinic. During the consultation our practitioner help you what type of treatment can be best for your current health condition.
There are many health problems for which you can use acupuncture such as:
- Side Effects of Cancer Treatment – Many side effects that caused by cancer can be treated through acupuncture. Nausea associated with chemotherapy can also be eased through acupuncture.
- Headache – The severity and frequency of chronic headaches such as tension headache and migraine can be reduced through acupuncture.
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain – Chronic pain caused by spinal stenosis, disc herniation, spondolithesis and ankylosing spondylitis can also be cured with acupuncture.
- Women’s Reproductive Health Issues – The symptoms of premenstrual syndrome(PMS), bothersome symptoms of menopause can be reduced through Acupuncture.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome- Acupuncture can also cure chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) which can cause debilitating fatigue, including exhaustion and reduced stamina, neurological problems, and a variety of flu-like symptoms.Weakened organs generate symptoms such as fatigue and exhaustion. These organs can be revived and stimulates from their depleted state with the help of acupuncture.
- Fibromyalgia – Acupuncture may help you relieve from the chronic pain disorder such as fatigue and widespread pain in the fibrous tissues of the muscles, ligaments and tendons.
- Asthma – The symptoms of respiratory diseases, including asthma can be mitigated using acupuncture therapy. The intensity and frequency may also be reduced using this.
- Sports Injuries – Various sports and repetitive stress injuries can also be treated with acupuncture.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – Some of the uneasiness caused by gastrointestinal disorders, such as chronic liver disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and inflammatory bowel disease can be cured with acupuncture.
You don’t need any referral from any medical doctor, if you are planning to visit any of our acupuncturists directly. Schedule an appointment with us if you are unsure that acupuncture is right for you or not.
Once you scheduled an appointment with our practitioner. One of our practitioners assists you and consults about your health and its conditions, and then he will let you know about the best treatment for your health. Before suggesting a treatment, he may ask for some medical lab tests like blood pressure tests, blood sugar, etc to know about the causes of pain. For an acupuncturist, diagnosis is most important part of the treatment. He may also analyze other conditions like temperature, skin, tongue and body color etc.
Acupuncture is also known as an ancient form of the Chinese medicine. It is based on energy flow, Chinese name chi. According to Chinese framework of medicines, free flow of energy throughout body develop optimal health. It is believed that if energy flow is blocked in any part of body, it can cause illness.
Acupuncture helps in unblocking the flow of energy by placing very thin, stain less and sterile needles into various parts of body. To restore the flow of energy, there are 365 points in our body where these needles are inserted.
During the treatment, an acupuncturist starts with body points selection where the treatment is going to perform. Then he cleans the points through alcohol dipped cotton. And then he inserts the sterilized needles on selected points. The acupuncture needles are different in length and gauges from all other needles. These needles are generally thin like hairs but solid and made from stainless steel.
At Absolute Health & Wellness Clinic Surrey, BC, our acupuncturists are registered with Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Association of British Columbia. They often assist acupuncture in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of general well-being. So call us to book your appointment today.