Running is important part of life with lots of benefits. It is exhilarating to increase running ability and setting goals; if injury strikes, it can also be disappointing. Unfortunately, it is not that surprising as running injuries is not rare, which when you consider that each step causes a runner to absorb a force three to four times her own body weight! Some of the common running injuries are plantar fascistic, runner’s knee, shin splints, and IT band syndrome. Most of these injuries are common, but also preventable. To remain healthy in your running routine and to avoid injury, here are following points that are to be taken care of:
- Making attempt too much too quickly can cause most running injuries, whether it is an increase in speed or mileage. Avoid adding too much, too fast. Include rest days to help the body recover, and set attainable goals.
- Stretching can also help you reduce soreness, and stretching regularly after running increase flexibility and range of motion.
- One must choose the pair of running shoes very carefully, that are basically designed to work with your body’s mechanics. Each body has variables that affect stride, such as over- or under-probation; to help your body better balance and absorb the stress from running and help you feel better, choosing the right pair of running shoes for your particular stride, choosing the right pair of running shoes for your particular stride is important. Evaluate the wear on a current pair of running shoes and observe your stride on a treadmill by visiting a specialty running store where the associates can help you choose the most appropriate running shoes for your stride.
- Chiropractor visit regularly is very important. Most of us do not experience good alignment due to the sedentary nature of our jobs and poor posture, while our bodies can handle the shock of running when perfectly aligned. Other physiological conditions, such as flat feet, that can cause an imbalance of stress in the body. With misalignment, pain and injury can be caused due to the shock of running. A chiropractor can evaluate your posture, which may lead to injury, address misalignments and exercises to prevent injury and teach techniques.
- To boost running performance and to help improve recovery, massage can be very effective. It helps maintain flexibility and loosens tight muscles, which are important in preventing injury, which Lydia, our massage therapist, who can help you address the problem areas helping you run more efficiently and effectively.
Are you already feeling pain or that something is “off” when you run? The common running injuries can be cured with Chiropractic care. Any misalignment that are contributing to the underlying conditions can be evaluated by Chiropractor. The main focus of his/her is on relieving the pain and then preventing further injury. Next, Chiropractor will concentrate on correcting the issue, that include therapies to build the affected areas of the body, prescribing exercises and training the body in proper functioning. Finally, necessary alignments and regular visits will help you prevent new injuries and keep you on track with your goals.
Most of the running injuries are preventable, and including regular chiropractic care into your running routine can help you ensure a strong running career.