One of the most exciting experiences of life is traveling. Visiting another neighboring town, country or even just a culture, gives us lasting memories. It might be difficult to give importance to your health, in all that excitement. To make sure you don’t lose prioritizing your body’s needs, we have some simple ways to follow:
- Stretching – Get up and walk the aisles, if you’re traveling by plane. You can even find a smaller place where you can stretch out. Remember to stop every few hours to get out and stretch, if you’re in the car. This way you can even take pictures and enjoy the scenery!
- Hydration – Make sure your body gets the hydration which is needed to work properly by drinking water at regular intervals which is one of the easiest ways.
- Lifting heavy suitcases – Be sure to rise with the strength of your legs, not your back, when you’re loading up the car or bringing your bag to the airport.
- Support your neck – For supportive travel pillows, there are countless options. To make sure your neck is in its best, find one that works for you.
- Support your back – To give your back the support your seat may not have, take a small towel or article of clothing, roll it up and place behind you at your lower back.
- Sleeping – It’s better to sleep on your side, not your stomach. A difference can be made in the way you feel, by stretching your body after you sleep.
- Exercises – Blood gets circulated to areas that feel cramped from traveling, while you roll your shoulders or ankles, which in return make you, feel better.
Meet the requirements of your body while you’re away and at home, as it was meant to move so!
When you return back, a chiropractic check-up is all what you need. We’ll make sure your body keeps feeling wonderful.